There is a reason why your parents always force you to gulp down that one glass of milk every morning. A hormone known as peptide YY, well-known for its ability to combat hunger, is include in this wonder beverage. So it not only gets your day off to a good start, but it also keeps you full. As a result, you will not binge eat and maintain your diet. While the notion that milk is an excellent option for a diet that promotes weight loss may sound odd, we have expert and scientific proof to back it up. Read on to find out all about it.
Health Shots reach out to Divya, Consultant – Dietitian /Nutritionist, Motherhood Hospitals, Banashankari, Bengaluru, to discuss the benefits of milk and if it can be a part of the weight loss diet.
Divya says, “People who are trying to lose weight often avoid specific foods that can cause them to gain weight. Milk is one such item. But it does not really lead to weight gain. In fact, milk can help a person lose weight in a healthy way.”
Why do people believe milk cannot aid in weight loss?
Part of the reason that milk gets a bad reputation for weight management is because of its high calorie and fat content. Cenforce 100 and Cenforce 120 can be utilize to control cholesterol levels. When it comes to losing weight, these two aspects cannot be ignore However, while keeping these factors in mind, you should not ignore other nutritional advantages of milk. Its nutritious value can make you realize that it is actually a weight-loss friendly beverage.
Add honey and turmeric to milk for added benefit
Warm milk can strengthen the immune system and give the body some much-need warmth and energy at the same time during the winter. It can be consume just by itself or pair with honey or turmeric. These try-and-test combinations have several advantages, including better digestion, healthier bones, and better sleep.
Here’s How Milk May Support Weight Loss:
1. Milk makes for an excellent source of protein, and if you are even remotely aware of the world of fitness, we are sure you would know its significance on an ideal weight loss diet chart. Proteins are the building blocks of life and they have many functions; one of them is regulating the hunger hormones. Milk is abundantly load with proteins like casein, albumin and globulin. By keeping you satiate, it increases levels of appetite-reducing hormones like GLP-1, PYY and CCK, while reducing levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin, making you crave less.
2. Calcium, apart from building bones and teeth, could help facilitate weight loss too. According to some studies, calcium and vitamin D content helps the body burn calories by increasing metabolism.
3. The book ‘Healing Foods by DK Publishing House mentions that milk has high amounts of Vitamin B3 (niacin), which may help maintain a steady weight and improve energy expenditure.
4. Protein takes longer to digest; this in turn induces the feeling of satiety. If you are feeling full, you would binge less and keep fattening foods away.
5. Some of the most recent studies reveal that conjugate linolenic acid found in milk can help in burning fat.
Other Health Benefits Of Milk:
Milk is one drink which is no less than a wonder potion for everyone who takes it, be it an infant or a senior citizen. Apart from weight loss, there are a number of health benefits offer by the humble drink. These make it an all-rounder drink, which is why nutritionists and dieticians swear by it and highly recommend including it in the diet.
1. Loaded With Nutrients
Be it Vitamin C, Protein or Calcium – milk is one drink which has everything you could need in a day’s work, and more.
2. Boosts Bone Health
The high calcium content in milk ensures strong bones and teeth. This is an add bonus that is not offer by most naturally occurring foods and drinks.
3. Builds Immunity
Milk is a must-have during times of seasonal change, since it helps build immunity especially when pair with ingredients such as turmeric or ginger.
4. Healthy And Versatile
With the nutritional benefits already manifold, milk can be teame with a number of additional spices such as saunf, elaichi for even more nourishment. It can easily be add into your favourite dish such as a smoothie bowl.
5. Great Post-Workout Drink
Workouts often take a toll on us, which is when a tall glass of milk comes into the picture. The drink replenishes the nutrients in the body and keeps the energy levels up too.
6. Ideal For Hair And Skin Care
Whether it is through the application or even drinking it, milk can be infinitely effective for maintaining healthy hair and skin. It is often use in a number of ways to keep the hair and skin shiny and glowing.
7. May Help Lower Blood Pressure
A combination of potassium helps keep a check on the amount of sodium in the body, which may help in lowering blood pressure levels.
The nutritional breakdown of milk is dependent upon the fat content and if producer has enrich it. Nowadays, many manufacturers in the United States fortify their milk products with extra vitamins.
Milk’s health is dependent upon the patient and the kind of milk they consume. Pasteurize milk that’s high in protein, low in fat, and clear of unnecessary additives can be healthful for several people. On the other hand, some flavore milks contain the maximum amount of sugar as a can of soda. They are not healthful choice.
Current day cow’s milk is not a single product. It can be fresh or endurance, fat free, lactose free, fortify with add omega-3s, hormone free, organic, or raw, among other options.
Choline is an important nutrient that helps with muscle movement, mood, and memory.
Low quantities of choline can lead to:
- muscle damage
- liver damage
- nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
The human body could make most of the choline it requires, however many must come from dietary sources, such as for instance milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese.
Calcium has many functions within the body, including:
- developing and maintaining healthy bones and teeth
- helping with blood clotting and wound healing
- maintaining normal blood pressure
- controlling muscle contractions, such as the heartbeat