Have you downloaded a couple of stuff to your Mac that you wish to find or delete? Your Downloads folder is the default location for any files and apps you download onto your Mac unless you specify a different location. Though this process is quite simple on Windows, when it comes to macOS, the process is a little confusing. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered here.
How to Delete Downloads on Your Mac
When you download applications, it often leaves behind a .dmg file in your downloads folder that is useless once the application is installed. You can delete these files. Browsers also keep track of almost everything you download, so it is wise to Delete Download on Mac as well. Here is how to do it.
1. Open the “Finder” app.
2. Select “Downloads” from the left-side menu.
3. Choose the files you want to delete.
4. Select “File” and “Move to Trash” from the top menu bar. Or you can also right-click and choose “Move to trash”.
5. Right-click on “Trash” and tap “Empty Trash”.
6. Both your trash and your downloads folder are clean now.
How To Delete Or Uninstall Apps On Your Mac
You can now uninstall apps that are not in use. Some applications have files in different folders You should also delete the app’s associated files in order to completely uninstall the application. AppCleaners can help you with it quickly. Using AppCleaner, which is freeware and available for download, you can delete all of the files linked to the app. Here are the different ways to delete Mac applications.
- Move Apps to the Trash
- Use AppCleaner
- Uninstall Apps From App Store
- Uninstall apps using the Terminal
- Use App Uninstallers
Clearing Browser History
Clearing your browser history is a good idea if you don’t want others to see what you’ve been doing online. This not only helps to protect your privacy but it also helps your browser perform better. There are several ways to do this. On some browsers, the browsing history is automatically deleted when you close your browser while it is in incognito mode. You may have to choose which browsing history to delete in other browsers. Safari, for example, lets you choose whether to delete all of your history or only particular entries. It may also be used to erase cookies and cached data.
Firefox gives you a choice to remove your history by selecting the History option from the menu. It’s also possible to delete your history on Google Chrome. This is helpful if you’ve used Google’s search engine or are logged into a Google account. Although removing your history may help you protect your privacy, it won’t totally keep snooping eyes away from you. Anyway, here is how to do it.
visit also: holyhellions.com
- Delete Your Download History From Safari
- Open Your Safari browser,
- Tap “Safari” from the top menu.
- Choose “Clear History…”
- Choose “Clear all history.”
- It’s done!
- Delete download history from Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on “Chrome” in the top menu bar.
- Choose “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Delete download history from Mozilla Firefox.
- Mozilla > History > Clear Recent History
This post was written to help you delete downloaded files from your Mac and your browser history. We’ve also mentioned a few apps you can choose to free up some space on your Mac. Hope this works well for you!